Matthew wrote:
hey guys,
I can't believe I'm having this much trouble doing this. I'm pulling a UNIX_TIMESTAMP from MySQL and all I want to do is add a certain interval to that date then spit out the new date. Right now we only support weekly intervals in our app.

Best bet: Get mysql to add the week, providing it's time zone is set correctly ..

        SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP( FROM_UNIXTIME( theField ) + INTERVAL 7 DAY )

(You're supposed to be able to do 1 WEEK too, but I can't get that to work in 4.1)

Alternately, use DateTime:

        use DateTime;
        my $dt = DateTime->from_epoch(
                epoch => $eventDate,
                # So that DST is accounted for:
                time_zone => 'Australia/Melbourne',
        );
        $dt->add( weeks => 1 );
        $dt->epoch ==
                (1 week after the $eventDate expressed as an epoch)

Cheers!
Rick Measham