Matthew wrote:
>       Hehe. I'm the DBA. And I've updated everything to most recent stuff,
>but the boss man wants "generic time zones" in our list "just in case" a
>customer can't find his or doesn't realize his city is listed differently.

Unlikely to ever occur.  As far as anyone knows, the Olson zoneinfo
database contains all currently-distinct timezones.  (It explicitly aims
to include all timezones that have been distinct at any time since 1970.)
You might want to play with the tzselect(8) program, which guides one
through selecting a geographical timezone from the database.

-zefram