[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
> I want to iterate the time zones of the world to generate a report of
> all days that aren't exactly 24 hours. I want to handle
> America/Caracas and America/Sao_Paulo correctly. You mentioned
> 2007-12-09 was 24.5 hours long in Venezuela. This is precisely the
> kind of outliers I'm after.

If you want to handle the Sao Paulo situation correctly, measure the
intervals between two middays (12:00), instead of between midnights (0:00).

It should show the same non-24 hour days, except when there are two DST
changes in one day. Which is unlikely, but not impossible, given that
DST is defined by politicians.

Eugene