Take a look at OpenEmbedded. (http://www.openembedded.org) I use it to make custom images for the OSK board. If I can get a Davinci board and some time, I plan on adding support for Davinci based systems.

Philip

Andy Ngo wrote:
Hi,

The DVEVM board comes with a HUGE filesystem on the 2.5” hard drive.  On boot
up, the Linux kernel mounts the partition
(/dev/hda1) to be used as the root filesystem.  The filesystem is 1.9GB!  This
is good for development purposes but when we have
our custom board, we will only have a small flash memory to store the
filesystem.  Do anyone have instructions on how to create
small footprint filesystem (<16Mb)?  I was planning to do a top-down approach
of eliminating all the files/directories
(/opt/mv_pro_4.0/montavista/pro/devkit/arm/v5t_le/target) I don’t need until I
get it to a manageable filesystem but I’m not sure
what are needed and what aren’t. Has anyone done this and have a recommendation?

Also, the current “top” (procps) utility on the board is version 3.2.5; it doesn’t support displaying individual threads of a process; it only shows info about a process as a whole but not the thread. Version 3.2.6 has that capability; does anyone know how we
can get that version?

Thank!

Regards,
Andy