Folks,

Kevin Hilman wrote:
Andy Ngo wrote:
I loaded the new kernel and am getting weird problems with the GIT
kernel booting up (as
seen on the serial terminal).  It would boot up fine until it stalls at
INIT:

Andy,

This is a known issue which the attached patch to the 8250 serial driver
fixes (special thanks to Dave Brownell for the patch.)

The standard 8250 serial driver does some probing of the hardware which
seems to confuse the davinci FIFO and interrupt settings.  Simply
disabling this probing makes the problem go away.

I need to submit a fix to the serial driver maintainer which has an
option for disabling this probing, but have not yet done so.
I've submitted the patch making such probe a config option a while ago:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/12/26/63.

However, the current mainline version of the driver seems to cope with this case without.
So, sync'ing up with mainline should help, IMHO.

Vitaly