No, I have not modified the u-boot code yet. Will try
that next.

 Like Daniel suggested, I print out some values and
the tempSpareValue in the Nand_readPage is always
0xFFFFFFFF! But the eccValue[i] that has been read out
has some value (with the mask applied as 0x0FFF0FFF).

 What would that mean?

Regards
Suba.