Tivy, Robert wrote:
> Lloyd,
>
> Nothing is set in stone at this point, and I probably used bad wording.
> Perhaps a better statement would have been "maintain legacy usage while
> we tell folks not to use it for unsupported purposes".  After a
> deprecation period, we can shoot it.

One of these "unsupported" purposes would be to allow the DSP to
directly output into framebuffer memory. Unless of course you make the
framebuffer driver allocate its memory from CMEM,  which is not so nice ...
> - Rob

* Matthias Welwarsky
Project Manager Software
Germany

*

This  email  and any  files  transmitted  with it are  confidential  and are
intended solely  for the use of the individual  or entity to which  they are
addressed.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are
not the  intended recipient,  any disclosure,  copying,  distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. E-mail
messages are not necessarily secure.  Archos does not accept  responsibility
for any changes made to this message after it was sent.