Kevin Hilman wrote:
Dirk Behme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Troy Kisky wrote:

I'm exploring the montavista git tree and saw that there has been no
activity for a few months.

Yes, unfortunately, you are right. git kernel is hosted by MV, and
maintained by a MV employee, Kevin Hilman. This is the open source git
kernel for DaVinci, we all ("the community") can, should and have to
contribute to if it should be viable. The "commercial official"
product TI/MV still supports is the 2.6.10 (?) "TI/MV" kernel.

One other minor clarification/disclaimer...

Please do not call the git tree a Montavista tree.  Let's call it the
DaVinci git tree.  It is indeed hosted by MV (as is the OMAP tree) but
that is all.  This is a _community_ tree, dependent on the quality of
_community_ contributions.

Kevin: Yes, I completely agree. This is exactly what I tried to express above with my own words ;)

All: To avoid confusion in the future, can we agree on the following wording:

- DaVinci git kernel: This is the _community_ kernel as expressed above by Kevin. It is available at

http://source.mvista.com/git/?p=linux-davinci-2.6.git;a=summary

- TI/MV kernel: This is the outdated 2.6.10 (?) one you get with DVEVM CDs and after registration at

http://www.ti.com/dvevmupdates

Dirk

I have been maintaining it in my spare time, not in any official MV
role.  As the DaVinci community grows, the maintainer role may need to
be revisited as more work is will be required.  Until then, lets keep
discussions going and keep the patches coming.

I just saw that you updated git kernel. MANY THANKS for this!

Dirk