Hi,

I have the same problem with our gstreamer port for DM355 which driver uses the same code base than DM6446. The problem is the steps follow by the v4l2 source plugin to identify the min/max resolutions allowed by the v4l2 driver. The Davinci driver always overwrite the minimal value with the current value by calling the ioctl VIDIOC_G_FMT after VIDIOC_TRY_FMT (this trashes the min detection), and also returns - EINVAL for a resolution bigger than the allowed with VIDIOC_TRY_FMT (causing the v4l2 plugin to be incapable of negotiating the caps).

I fixed the driver code and get the v4l2 source to negotiate the capabilities properly, but currently is breaking in some other internal error that I'm trying to trace down. If I got it running I will post the information and changes I did to the driver.

Regards,

Diego Dompe
RidgeRun Engineering