Greetings,

I saw some time ago that some people were getting a version conflict with
ti.rtdx package while building the CE 2.0 and Chris Ring said that it
should be fixed in the patch release 2.0.1...

Well, after jumping through the numerous hoops to change our memory map
from 256M to 128M (which works fine) in dsplink and codec engine, building
the server gives the "incompatible use of package" error.

Since I just want to see if it will build and run at all, where the heck do
I stick that environment setting that makes those errors turn into
warnings?

Also, any news on CE 2.1?
I'd really like to use the newest dsplink and bios with our server.

I must rant a little though:

[rant]

TI packages win the award for most obfuscated build systems, hands down.
Also, CE and friends are so finely tuned to use the evmDM6446 in their
configurations that even though we're running a custom board we had to
modify all the DM6446-related files/entities to match our DM6441 design
with less memory because of the huge amount of file changes that it would
take to get the build systems to even recognize a custom platform.

I'd rather not spend the day looking for 'ti.platforms.evmDM6446' and
adding if statement conditionals so the builds don't crap out with
"unsupported platform"
Considering the fact that developments are likely to not be stuffing evm
boards inside their products, I'd think that the customization would be a
higher priority rather than make it work on the dvevm.

Please note that these comments do not negate all the work that was put
into making all this work in the first place... as far as the dvevm is
concerned.

However, they do come from a dev team whose so far faced: audio driver
lock-up issues, bad to no SD card support, poor osd framebuffer
performance, and now CE issues... not quite the boost in development that
we'd hoped for. Our bosses are getting tired of listening to our
explanations of why we're stuck on so and so or things just need tweaking
or it's still a new platform.

[/rant]

-- David

DAVID A. KONDRAD