Ok - first let me say thanks!

Second, there was a slight issue with the patch, but it did compile more
or less cleanly.

Thirdly, it appears that there is some incompatibility between the old
and new yaffs filesystems - since it gaak'd all over the existing one.

So after jumping through a few hoops, I was able to integrate the latest
into the kernel and mount the partition. BUT, when I tried to replace
the filesystem in NAND, I started seeing some errors (ok lots of errors)

**>> Block 2427 retired
Block 2427 is in state 9 after gc, should be erased
yaffs: Block struck out
nand_update_bbt: Out of memory

Doesn't look like it will work out of the box....

    Steve