Tyler,
Thanks very much for the replies and suggestions. Your susicpions were good, the path somehow included another version of the libtoolize and this is what caused the error.

That said, I found some other heartaches, such as the configure script not putting the proper prefix path in the GST_BASE_CFLAGS, GST_BASE_LIBS, GST_CFLAGS, and GST_LIBS definition of the top level makefile and src/makefile They seemed to default to the system include directories, and lined in libs from the system. This gave warnings but built, fooling me initially into thinking all was well, but the gst-inpect would not recognize my installed plugin After I corrected those defines by hand, it would build, install, and gst-inspect worked.

Sorry for the verbosity, but I wanted to state all I had to do to get the process of gst-template to cross compile and be recognized by the DM355.

Anyway, thanks again for the pointers.

Mike

Tyler Nielsen wrote:
Mike,

When I cross compile, I run autogen.sh. As you pointed out, this configures it for the current system. Then I run the configure for the cross build. I'm sure there is a better way (like putting it into the autogen script. I haven't worried about it too much because I run it so rarely.

Looking at the messages you are getting, it looks like you may be getting the two systems mixed. One gives an error from the montavista, the other an error from /usr/share. I'm not sure if thats a problem or not, but you may try running "/usr/bin/libtoolize --copy --force" and see if that fixes the problem. From what I've seen, the automake portion doesn't affect the cross compile. Just the configure and make.

Tyler