> > If so, my initial reaction is to thnk that
> > using "da830_*" symbols would be the least
> > confusing option ... instead of "omap_*".
> > Text in Kconfig would be able to include both
> > "Aureus" and "OMAP" (L1xx) descriptions.
>
> That's beginning to sound like a consensus (I hope).

This same situation has already happened in the past.  The OMAP3530 as sold by
our Catalog group is the same as OMAP3430 as sold by our Wireless group just as
OMAP-L137 is sold by Catalog and DA830 is sold by Performance Media.  Looking
in the omap tree it seems that there are plenty of references to omap34xx.  So
although personally I prefer to list the Catalog part number since it's the
only part widely available, I suppose there is precedent for naming the
"original" part number.