hi all

I want to do application in ARM-side, but I am a beginner

So I following the Debugging remotely on DaVinci using gdb
(http://wiki.davincidsp.com/index.php?title=Debugging_remotely_on_DaVinci_using_gdb)
to learn debugging

Then I use the Encode Demo for the DaVinci
(http://www.ti.com/litv/pdf/spraa96a) to do my application

The first step is to get the YUV format data by capture thread, and
save to array

And add Y (luma) data to 16

But now

I don't know, how to make the first step

And when I use the GDB to get the memory address, I have a error message

(local Davinci)
Encode Debug: Display buffer 0 mapped to 0x4449b000 has physical
address 0x80800000
Encode Debug: Display buffer 1 mapped to 0x44543c00 has physical
address 0x808a8c00
Encode Debug: Display buffer 2 mapped to 0x445ec800 has physical
address 0x80951800

(remote host OS)
(gdb) x 0x4449b000
0x4449b000:     Cannot access memory at address 0x4449b000
(gdb) x 0x80800000
0x80800000:     Cannot access memory at address 0x80800000

Any idea?

Thanks!

--
best regards