Yes, a very similar problem indeed.
I tried your patch from [1], and the problem did go away.
The code no longer crashes with a kernel paging error!
This is major progress, thanks.

I am still not able to get the video decoder codecs that use viddec2
interface to work, but not at least I have a working dsplink and a working
dmai.
So I should be able to get the codec servers to work.

Thanks again,
-mat