On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 15:52 +0530, Manjunatha AM wrote:
> Hi
>
> Now, I could boot the kernel(linux-davinci-2.6-historic)and I am using nfs
> filesystem but while booting it get struct at "Freeing init memory: 128K"
> not going further..

Here is a posting from Yusuf Caglar on this very issue a few days ago.
May want to
try his suggestion

Regards,

Steve

----- forwarded e-mail ---
My guess:

Kernel is running, but there is something wrong with filesystem /dev
nodes. AFAIK, this point is where control passes to init and console
is redirected to /dev/console(or /dev/console must be present). This
is also the same for your own application. Maybe your file system is
not EABI?

If I were you, I would try an NFS file system.

Regards,
Caglar