Troy,

> I tried this patch on DM644x EVM and following are my observations:
>
> 1. Playback works fine.
> 2. Record has some issues. Recorded stream has Loud volume on
> the right side, and on the left, volume is very low.

This was because of my faulty Line-In cable. I sincerely apologize
for all the confusion caused.

> 3. Loopback (arecord -f cd | aplay -f cd) has some issues.
> Audio is bit noisy here.

Loopback is still noisy with the proper Line-In cable and I also
see underrun messages during loopback. Note that there are only
18-20 underrun messages after which they stop. As I had mentioned
earlier, when I stop the loopback and start it again these
underrun messages are not observed.

Regards, Sudhakar