Hi all,

Maybe someone from Montavista or anyone else with experience using Montavista
tools can help answer my question.

A customer recently discovered "the hard way" that once your one year support
contract with Montavista expires that your compiler ceases to function.  The
customer's product is more or less complete, but it could be in production for
a lengthy amount of time (10 years).  During that time it's likely that a few
bug reports will come in and they will need to rebuild some things.  Normally a
customer would expect to fix the bug and make a firmware update, but that's not
possible since their compiler is crippled!  So what is recommended in this
situation?

In general I think Montavista provides a great service to customers and to the
community.  I highly recommend Montavista to customers, particularly those
customers who are not Linux gurus.  This compiler issue is a bit sticky though
and I hope there is some kind of clean solution where both Montavista and our
customers can be happy.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Griffis