Diego,

It stops producing object code.  Here's an example from a product I was using
from Montavista (this was actually Mobilinux not MVPro):

a0193370# arm_v6_vfp_le-gcc hello.c
error:  Error: a valid MontaVista license key could not be found.

 The license files (or license server system network addresses)
 attempted are listed below.  Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different
 license file, or contact MontaVista license support at

 license_h...@mvista.com for assistance.

For information about license keys and the GPL, visit:

 The license manager error is:

Feature has expired.
Feature:       MV_GCC
Expire date:   28-feb-2009
License path:  /opt/arm/montavista/mobilinux/LicenseFile.lic:/mnt/sata2 -
   /opt/arm/montavista/common/bin/../../../../license/
FLEXnet Licensing error:-10,32
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com".