Raffaele Recalcati <lamiapost...@gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/3/12 Kevin Hilman <khil...@deeprootsystems.com>
>
>     FYI...
>
>     Davinci git has now been updated to v2.6.34-rc1.  With this release,
>     we have dramatically reduced the gap between davinci git and mainline
>     with lots of stuff making it in for 2.6.34.   Nice work!
>

> Nice!
> I need anyway more explanations.
> I see you are talking about:
> http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-davinci.git
> and not:
> http://arago-project.org/git/projects/linux-davinci.git

Correct.

As pointed out elsewhere, the arago tree is a TI development tree and
includes several things that are not ready for upstream or work in
progress etc.

> So, the best thing for me should be to move exactly now to it for
> testing input video with adv7180 on dm365?

Yes.

> Maybe I spend more time at this moment, but if it is "the right
> thing" I will spend less time in the future rebasing my code from
> arago old tree.

The "right" thing is to do your development and submit your patches as
close to mainline as possible.  If you have dependencies on other
features that are not upstream, you might have to merge from arago,
but patches should always be submitted against mainline (or davinci
git, which track closely with mainline)

Any out of tree dependencies should be stated in the patch changelog.

Kevin