Hi

I am trying to understand how the driver probe and loading works from a
kernel level.  I am working on changing the NAND chip used on the DM365 EVM
and have managed to determine that the davinci_nand driver is not loading
for the new chip because the platform_match function never finds it in the
list of drivers loaded.  How does a driver determine whether it should be
loaded? I have seen the probe function defined in the
drivers/base/platform.c as well as the drivers/mtd/nand/davinci_nand.c but
am not sure of the process and how these are being used.

Sorry I am new to kernel development so I am sure I have not asked this
question the best way so if there is anything else I can provide to help
answer my question then please let me know.

Regards
Sean

--
Sean Preston