2010/7/8 Sean Kelvin Preston <se...@pfk.co.za>:
> Hi
>
>> I guess it is not a platform_match problem then, but a driver_probe
> problem.
>>
>> Did you try using it as a module ?
>
> No I have not tried it as a module.  The TI DM365 EVM board does not have
> any modules built by default from what I can see so will need to see how to
> get it working with the build environment to test.  The old NAND works
> perfectly with this kernel.
>
> When the driver_probe is run how does it determine if a piece of hardware
> exists or which driver a piece of hardware should be using.  At this stage
> nothing has been changed from a hardware point of view except the physical
> NAND chip.  As best as I can tell the interfacing is working correctly
> because I can get the chip working with uBoot.

The board code registers the device, if it is not compiled out by config options
Then the nand driver init function register the driver.
Since nothing changed, I assume the platform bus code matches the
driver and the device.
Then the driver code probe function is called.

Then you have to dig in nand_scan_idents, which in turns calls
nand_get_flash_type (in drivers/mtd/nand_base.c)

Happy printk debugging !

Jean-Philippe François