i have written a filesytem now i want to do fast boot but populating the

/dev takes about 5seconds how can i avoid populating /dev at each bootup.

Also i want to know that  where these devices acutally are ??i mean in the RAM
or in

the flash in case of jffs2 image?if they are the part of the jffs2 then why
then are not

there at the other bootup?i guess they are in the ram am i right??we mount
devices

from the ram to our filesytem to communicate with these devices.we populate to
make

nodes in /dev and it takes around 5seconds how can i reduce this time.Also
doing

mknod create node for a device but at reboot the device does not exist this
means

doing mknod /dev/<device c 60 01 forexample creates a node in ram ???

here is what it does

echo -n " Mounting /proc             : "
mount -n -t proc /proc /proc
status $? 1

echo -n " Mounting /sys              : "
mount -n -t sysfs sysfs /sys
status $? 1

echo -n " Mounting /dev              : "
mount -n -t tmpfs mdev /dev
status $? 1

echo -n " Mounting /dev/pts          : "
mkdir /dev/pts
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
status $? 1

echo -n " Enabling hot-plug          : "
echo "/sbin/mdev" > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
status $? 0

echo -n " Populating /dev            : "
mkdir /dev/input
mkdir /dev/snd

mdev -s
status $? 0

i want fast boot right now i did it using jffs2 image and time is about
13seconds from ubl to linux prompt with all the services up and running.

does doing alot of insmod and mknod on the jffs2 image affects the life of the
flash?

regard's
RT