Hello.

sughosh ganu wrote:

     > We have a common da8xx_omapl_defconfig which is being currently
    used by
     > multiple boards(including hawkboard). Not all boards have a nand
    flash
     > mounted as default. So i cannot add this in the above defconfig
    file. So

    On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 20:03:35, sughosh ganu wrote:
    Why? Boards which do not have NAND flash will not have
    NAND platform data registered. Enabling the NAND driver
    should cause no harm (except an increase in image size).

Because i thought adding configs for features not used by all boards not to be a clean way of implementing it. I am confused as to why adding the configs for the board that uses those features is being frowned upon,

You're not just adding the MTD configs, you're *forcing* them, devoiding the users of any freedom of choice.

-sughosh

WBR, Sergei