2011/2/4 Danny Marsh <dmars...@hotmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> We are developing a DM6446 platform with linux and the dvsdk_2_00_00_22.  We
> have created several iUniversal Codec Engine algorithms and can get them to
> run independently.  We then tried to integrate the algorithms into another
> application that was using interval timers (setitimer and timer_create), and
> ALSA.  This is where we started running into issues.  First when we started
> the interval timers before opening the DSP server, the server wouldn't even
> open.  When we opened the handles to the DSP server before starting the
> interval timers it opened, but the interval timers weren't working
> correctly.
>
> Has anyone had experience trying to do this?

No, but if you have different parts of your code trying to use SIGALARM,
then you are doomed ! I don't know if the codec engine does, but it
sure looks like it.

> Is there a better way to do accurate timing (20 msec) than with interval
> timers?

Maybe using thread and semaphore etc... is the only options you have left
if you can't use any SIGALARM messing call (setitimer, sleep, usleep....)

Then if you want a timeout, you can do so with the timeout arg of a select call,
where all three sets are empty.