--- Begin Message ---
Db-wg members,

Now that there has been substantial discussion on this topic, I wanted to try
to bring the conversation back to a more practical and actionable path forward.
Clearly this is a topic where there are a lot of opinions. From seeing the
discussion and receiving additional feedback, I wanted to point out some
re-occurring themes and request a revised proposal for working group
consideration.

1) Remove the "origin:" authorization requirement. RIPE is currently the only
RIR that requires this, the current implementation creates data concurrency
issues across Internet databases by requiring the creation of duplicate autnums.

2) Flag "route:" objects for non-RIPE-managed space with "source: RIPE-NONAUTH"
to identify non-authoritative data.

I’d like to seek input from the group;

- Do you feel these options are straight forward and easy to understand?
- Does this provide a reasonable security posture?
- Will this make a positive impact for RIPE DB and the greater Internet?
- Do you support these concepts?

Thanks,
William
Db-wg co-chair