Hi,

I would like to publish information in the RIPE database based on what my
single-source-of-truth configuration management system knows and not what I
sort of remember when I kind of get around to updating RIPE.  Fortunately,
there is a splendid looking API for this.

The most recent and complete documentation that I can find with support from a
search engine is https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/whois/wiki/WHOIS-REST-API.  On the
subject of Authentication, the document says: "Currently only passwords are
supported to authenticate updates”.  Is this still up to date and entirely
true?  Does it mean MD5 password or does this mean I should be able to use
something based on my SSO authentication pair to generate a password field?

I thought that MD5 had been deprecated in circa. 2015?
https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/db-wg/2015-June/004666.html

What is the current best practice for handling Auth on HTTP API updates to the
RIPE database, and is there a roadmap for change that I can consider as I write
my tools to publish and maintain objects?

Thanks for your help, database-wg & NCC experts,
Andy

--
Andy Davidson            Asteroid International BV
https://www.asteroidhq.com    @asteroidhq   @andyd