> On Jun 15, 2018, at 9:12 AM, Sascha Luck [ml] via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net>
> wrote:
>
> There is nothing stupid or unreasonable about asking to delay an
> action that *will* cause operational issues even if their root
> cause lies elsewhere.

“Our operation relies on insecurity in the IRR database, so we want you to
maintain your insecurity so that we can maintain our operational design”

Relaboring the point: It is not “*will* cause”.  Using some other IRR database
would avoid the operational issue.

This operational issue could also be avoided if someone with a maintainer
somewhere just proxy-registered a route object on their behalf.  (Anyone but me
see irony in that?)

—Sandy