(Re-sent message due to sending it directly to Piotr by accident the first time, apologies)

Hello Piotr,

I do understand that and that is why I clarified that the org was of type "OTHER" aka not an LIR.

Kind regards,
Cynthia Revström

On 2019-01-07 11:04, Piotr Strzyzewski wrote:
On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 10:57:47AM +0100, Cynthia Revström via db-wg wrote:

Cynthia,

So I have now run across several ASNs in which the org is of type "OTHER"
yet there is no sponsoring-org, could this please be clarified?

Example ASNs: AS200358, AS204842

If it is like I think it is, it must be that they have lost their sponsors
but if that is the case, I would like to see a remark that is an "RIPE NCC
managed value" saying something like "This ASN does not have any sponsor
since YYYY-MM-DD".

I am not entirely sure on this but something to clarify what is going on.
Please read
https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/faq/independent-resources/phase-three/what-is-a-sponsoring-lir
If the resource (ASN) is used by the LIR itself, there is no need to put
any sponsoring-org since there is no sponsoring LIR for such resource.

Piotr