Hi Randy,

> On 8 Apr 2021, at 13:54, Randy Bush via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net> wrote:
>
>> Could we consider creating an NWI with a reduced scope?
>
> as an exercise, how minimal can we get?
>
> randy

Given the draft RFC:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-finding-geofeeds/?include_text=1

I suggest the following minimal Solution Definition for an NWI:

- Implement support for an optional, single "geofeed:" attribute in inetnum and
inet6num object types.
- Validate there is a maximum of either one "remarks: Geofeed" or "geofeed:"
attribute per object.
- Validate the "geofeed:" URL is well-formed and specifies the HTTPS protocol.
- Include the "geofeed:" attribute in database dumps and split files.

And inversely, what we could leave out (to simplify the implementation):

- Do not support non-ASCII values in URL domain names or path (these must be
converted beforehand)
- Do not migrate (re-write) "remarks: Geofeed" values as "geofeed:" attributes
- Do not validate that the URL is reachable (available) and do not validate the
content

Is this enough to satisfy the draft requirements? Is it enough to be useful for
the DB-WG?

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC