Hi Arcadius

If you download the inetnum split file from the RIPE ftp site you will
see there are already some "geofeed:" attributes in there as well as
some still using the earlier "remarks: geofeed" option.

denis$ zgrep "^geofeed:" ~/Desktop/ripe.db.inetnum.gz  | wc -l
     289
denis$ zgrep "^remarks:\s*geofeed" ~/Desktop/ripe.db.inetnum.gz  | wc -l
      13

Although from the 289 there are only 161 unique organisations.

There are still a lot of people using the (old) "geoloc:" attribute.
denis$ zgrep "^geoloc:" ~/Desktop/ripe.db.inetnum.gz  | wc -l
   35453

You mentioned getting country level geo-ip, are you using the
"country:" attribute? If so which one? The ones in the INET(6)NUM
objects are undefined to anyone other than the resource holder. The
only one that is defined is the "country:" attribute in the referenced
ORGANISATION object for allocations and PI assignments. This is the
country the resource holder is legally based in.

cheers
denis
co-chair DB-WG