Dear all,

Like all good netizens, I tried to align information I publish in the
RIPE database to reality, but there is an obstacle:

    https://sobornost.net/~job/geofeed.png

    """Adding or modifying the "geofeed:" attribute of an object with a
    prefix length greater or equal to 48 is not allowed."""

No such restriction exists if you use the 'remarks: Geofeed' approach,
as demonstrated here:

    $ whois -h whois.ripe.net 2001:67c:208c::/48 | grep Geofeed
    remarks:        Geofeed https://sobornost.net/geofeed.csv

I appreciate concerns about privacy, but I'm not wholly convinced
restricting /48s from having a proper 'geofeed:' attribute is the best
path forward.

How does the working group feel about this restriction? Is it useful?
Should it be lifted? If the latter, what would be the process?

Kind regards,

Job