Hi Cynthia,

> On 3 Jan 2022, at 19:44, Cynthia Revström <m...@cynthia.re> wrote:
>
> This seems weird, I would assume it should be greater than 48, not
> greater than or equal to 48.
>
> Ed, can you confirm if this is intended or not?

We currently only allow "geofeed:" to be added to IPv6 prefixes *smaller* than
/48, the message is consistent (i.e. greater than or equal to /48 is *not*
allowed).

We are following Legal's recommendation not to allow geofeed to be added for
assignments that are reasonably assumed to be related to one individual user.

The /48 prefix size is the maximum size suggested in the "BCOP for Operators:
IPv6 prefix assignment for end-users":
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-690#4-2--prefix-assignment-options

Regards
Ed