On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 2:33 PM Gert Doering <g...@space.net> wrote:

[...]

> > But if we must define a single technology that is mandatory then
> > e-mail is a better choice than phone.
>
> I actually disagree with that - speaking from my use case as a user
> of the RIPE DB.  If I bother going there, it's urgent, and I want
> something to happen *now* (otherwise, I'm not going to bother).
> E-Mail might arrive with any delay, or never, and feedback might
> come, or not.

Do we have any data on how useful phone is nowadays? Is it even
possible to measure in a meaningful way?

If phone is genuinely useful then I have no objection. I suspect that
it is becoming less useful as each day passes. But that is purely a
personal perspective and not backed up with actual measurement. Are
there measurements that can inform our discussion?

Thanks,

Leo