Hi Denis,

> I am an 'active' co-chair. I strongly resent the implication from both
> you and Randy that I am an 'activist' co-chair. An activist is "a
> person who uses or supports strong actions (such as public protests)
> to help make changes in politics or society". Completely inappropriate
> language to use in this context.
>
> You also referred to me "taking a specific point of view". Yes,
> sometimes I do this for a number of reasons. One example was in the
> discussion about the "country:" attribute. The discussion was slow and
> in-precise. I put forward the idea of introducing a new "geo-country:"
> attribute with a clear geolocation definition to replace "country:"
> with. This was one of my crazy ideas that I knew would never happen.
> But it had the effect of focussing people's minds to agree that
> "geofeed:" is the way to go with the eventual deprecation of the
> "country:" attribute. As Gert said, everyone is free to reject any
> idea I put forward and agree on something else. That is exactly what
> people did in this case and that was a result.

This is exactly what I meant when I said more active chairing would be welcome.
I didn’t mean “pushing for a certain outcome”, that would indeed not be good.
But making suggestions, getting the WG to be more active etc. are all good. And
that is how I understood your original message. Active but not activist :)

Cheers!
Sander