Hi,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 03:55:26PM +0100, denis walker via db-wg wrote:
> This new anti-spam measure is a convenient point to reflect on how one
> part of the RIPE Database is used. Notifications are just one part of
> an audit system. Many other parts are missing. To be sending out 30k
> emails a day to hundreds of thousands of email addresses stored in a
> public database as part of an incomplete audit system has to stop.
> Notification emails on this scale are a relic of the past.

Just as a counterpoint, I do like my notification e-mails.  Push
notification in case I do need to care, and *only then*.

And I totally dislike having to actually look into some sort of
portal / web UI "is there anything I should be aware of?", because
this sort of polling is eating brain cycles for no good.

(Having a good audit trail is fine, in case I know I'm looking for
something - but I do just want to see "something under my administration
has changed", in case I do not yet know I should be looking)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer,
                                           Ingo Lalla, Karin Schuler
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279