"Elizabeth Mattijsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> What I know of DBD drivers, I too think it would be madness for
> someone to have to maintain these without a thorough knowledge of
> Perl _and_ DBI.  Probably well intended madness, but still madness.

Once the driver is maintained through a sourceforge-like project, it
matters less who is the *maintainer*, it matters more who the
developers are.

Hosting it out of the Postgres development site makes sense, and
having one of the main Postgres developers associated with the driver
development also makes sense. His lack of interest in Perl and DBI in
general does suggest at least having a co-maintainer more versed in
Perl/DBI.

I don't care where the project lives, I just care that it be
maintained in an open CVS repostitory at a project site in which
interested developers can join and help the project. Having to funnel
all patches through a single maintainer has consistently not worked
for the entire history of DBD::Pg.

I joined up two days ago, got approved, checked out the code and am
testing my changes to the table_info() method. I'll post my ideas
here.

My advice is to joing the project, write documentation, write tests,
write code, or help out the project in any way you can. Less politics,
more coding.

jas.