At 14:44 +0200 7/1/05, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
On 7/1/05, Steve Hay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 to remove all mention of mysql_config which doesn't exist on Win32, and
 to sort out problems with "long long", "strncasecmp", etc.

As Patrick seems to be an employee of MySQL AB: A possibly better
solution would be to finally add mysql_config to the Windows
distributions. I can think of absolutely no reason, why this shouldn't
be possible or even difficult. And the advantages are quite obvious,
as the required libraries are varying, in particular on Windows.

I suppose one problem is that Windows doesn't have /bin/sh.  mysql_config
is a shell script.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA