Hi Tim managed to do a few quick tests with DBI-1.49 on windows here are my
results.

My OS
Windows 2000 Professions with
MS Visual C++ toolkit,
Windows Platforem SDK,
Microsoft .net framework 1.1 SDK,
Avtive Perl Ver 5.8.7 B815 (Perl 5.6001),

1) The Makefile.PL compiled with only a warning about my version of perl
being too old.
2) "nmake" ran without incident
3) "nmake test" ran but gave some warnings such as

t\05thrclone.............skipped
        all skipped: this MSWin32 perl 5.006001 not configured to support
iThreads
&
t\14utf8.................skipped
        all skipped: Requires perl 5.8

4) "nmake install" ran without problems
5) I also recompiled oracle-DBD without incident
6) I then ran some Perl test scipts that use DBI and DBD and they all ran
correctly though they only do simple fetches.

Cheers