Martin Evans wrote:
John Scoles wrote:

Seem this version is mostly problem free? Here is the RC3 for your enjoyment.

http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-oracle/trunk/DBD-Oracle-1.21-RC3.tar

Hopefully the last of the C warnings are gone, Fixed some typos and made sure the the .yml and manifest files are in the tar.

Still would like to see some more testing of this RC.

Cheers
John Scoles

I tested the following with success:

Common to all:
  database: Oracle XE 10.2.0
    running on Linux Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) 32-bit
  client platform: Linux Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) 32-bit
  DBI: 1.604 (upgraded just to see those thread tests run)
  Perl: v5.8.8 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

Client side:
  Instant Client 10.1 - success
  Oracle 10.2.0 XE    - success

I have upgraded to RC3 on my test platform which is currently running a lot of DBD::Oracle code and will let you know if I see anything.

Thanks for all your work on this John.

Martin

I'm afraid my system now fails in some spectacular ways which it does not when using DBD::Oracle 1.20. I did also upgrade DBI from 1.59 to 1.604 BUT I only see problems with DBD::Oracle 1.21RC3 and not with 1.20 both using the DBI 1.604.

The problem seems to be that begin_work, do some inserts then rollback does NOT roll back anymore :-( This is of course very serious if true so I thought it prudent to shout now and look into it further afterwards). It may be relevant that the application has multiple connections to the same oracle server as different Oracle users. I could have some serious problems reducing this as this perl system is massive but I'll get back as soon as I can.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited