On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:13:31 +0100, Jens Rehsack <rehs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as I didn't catch anyone on IRC, I remember that many of you

 irc.perl.org/6667 #dbi
 Jens   = [Sno]
 Merijn = Tux

> had questions about Pure-Perl device drivers basing on DBD::File
> (or DBI::DBD::SqlEngine) for several reasons.
>
> Currently we're finished most of development cycles for upcoming
> DBI release and reworking the documentation. It might be a good
> idea for anyone to read the updated documents from the sqlengine
> branch or next dev-release.

For svn users …

 $ svn checkout http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbi/trunk
   (I don't know how to switch branches in svn)

For git users …

 $ git svn clone http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbi/trunk DBI-svn
 $ git checkout remotes/sqlengine

and instead of git pull

 $ git stash && git svn fetch && git svn rebase && git stash pop

Please test against sanity and your modules

> We will try to answer all remaining questions about DBI driver
> development (read: everything which isn't documented) with the
> current doc update. Everything which is not clear, should be
> asked.
>
> Thanks in advance and merry Christmas for everyone.

Likewise!

using perl5.00307 .. 5.17   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE