On 25.01.13 11:45, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:07:01AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
On 22.01.13 23:42, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:47:02AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:

1) having a lot of DBD::CSV tests (DBI related like ChopBlanks)
    moved or copied and maintained in DBI

Think bigger.

I do :P

SQL::Statement can't rely on DBI, because it would create a
circular dependency

This on its own is not that much of a problem. DateTime can not really
function without DateTime::TimeZone, and as such (DateTime) skips about
90% of its tests on a fresh install, with DateTime::TimeZone installing
afterwards.

Just pointing out that there is precedent, not that I particularly like it.

All problems we fixed in 1.402 are found by cpantesters - and it were
serious issues.

My favourite would be a

                     +-------------------+
                     | DBI(::DBD)?::Test |
                               /\

   | SQL::Statement |                       | DBI |

And it seems to be okay for all DBI developers right now ...

Jens