Am 27.09.2013 um 00:03 schrieb Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com>:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 08:36:22PM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>
>> For me, a G10 is interesting (handling SQL::Statement as a DBD)
>>
>> G10: Provide tools/infrastructure to combines several test cases in
>>     particular order into tests to allow workflows being tested
>>     and stress tests by looping can be performed.
>
> Also here. I'm not quite sure what problem this is trying to address.

This is more or less an idea I had during test development. For a lot
of tests, we write some sequences of statements to finally prove one
or a few things working fine (at least for DBD::CSV, DBD::DBM and a
lot of SQL::Statement tests - but IIRC, this is true for SQLite, too).

So for testing whether UPDATE/DELETE works, we create some tables, do
some inserts and after that, modify them. For SELECT testing, same.
For ChopBlank testing (via select, of course), similar. For JOIN testing,
more tables - but finally the same. This goes on … (different edge cases
to test, but finally all the same).

For SQL::Statement I added a performance check )for being run through
the profilers we have) which is assembled from one or more of the above
tests. But by hand.

If there is a design of combining test cases to a sequence of tests (eg.
create tables -> fill data -> select -> update -> delete -> drop), it
could help simplifying test cases and allow put loops around sequences
to redo some test sequence for 100 times for profiling.

The design finally choosen for this goal might be a composite for test
cases - but the test case design shall allow doing that.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack
rehs...@gmail.com