Tux,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM, H.Merijn Brand <h.m.br...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> I agree then. The doc change should note then that if a Bundle is
> already defined (in history) the versions should be updated on every
> release.

Well, I'm not sure this should be in the DBI/DBD documentation as this
is just something that is applicable to *all* CPAN module authors and
is NOT DBD specific. And, my proposal was to remove the whole mention
of Bundles from the DBI::DBD docs.

(also the version-number-in-bundle was something that was an issue in
DBD::mysql until I fixed it yesterday -->
https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/commit/72a8748cb51f48efcd4015bf34e4d4f2ca1657a5
- it had not been updated since 2007 ).

I searched for some description along these lines in
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlmodstyle.html#Version-numbering but could
not find it. I could find one reference in a blog post:
http://blogs.perl.org/users/neilb/2012/07/module-versions-in-multi-module-distributions.html

So in my opinion the appropriate place to document this is in perlmodstyle.
--
Mike