Hey Martin. Thanks for your recent work on this - much food for thought!

There's one more aspect of get_info that I'd appreciate your input on:

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 05:01:09PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:

> Somewhat independant of that, I'd like to identify a set of get_info
> items that we recommend all drivers define.

That would be a handy thing to have, and to pass on to driver authors,
and then use to build tests for those items.

What I'm looking for here is mainly get_info items that we're likely to
need to be able to write generic tests that are self-configuring to what the
driver supports.

Could you try to put together such a list?