On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Matthew Tedder wrote:
..
> It looks interesting... Is it a relatively new product?  Maturity is
> important.  PostgreSQL also has all of what you mention, it is also
> Object Relational and has very robust transaction support.  The only
> scalability limitation that causes me to look at DB2 EE is the
> transpearant distributed data/processing capabilities.

SAPDB is *not* a relatively new product. It is SAP's code fork of the
Adabas D database, and is validated to run R/3 (you know, SAP is the
world's 3rd largest [pure] software company thanks to one product -- R/3,
which costs multiple millions of $$ to deploy).

For some reason, SAP has decided to open-source the SAPDB product. I think
it is getting long in the tooth (Adabas used to be a dominant DB player,
but IBM and Oracle have basically kicked their *ss). Still, a database
buff enough to run an ERP system like SAP would probably do better than
PostgreSQL...

Orlando Andico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       POTS Phone: +63   (2) 848-2893
Mosaic Communications, Inc.            GSM Mobile: +63 (917) 531-5893
I'm not suffering from insanity -- I'm enjoying  every minute of it!!