On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Dexter Coehlo wrote:

> One  other question to educate myself,  mod_perl and Fast CGI. Is there
> much change in regualr Perl syntax or is it the same , just a different
> technology? I remeber considering mod_Perl to sustain db connection.

I can't speak for Fast CGI, but with mod_perl, there is a module called
Apache::DBI for establishing persistent database connections, and it works
invisibly with DBI.  The main issues with mod_perl is that you can't get
away with sloppy programming like you can using plain old CGI Perl
development.

-- Brett
                                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
It's no surprise that things are so screwed up: everyone that knows how
to run a government is either driving taxicabs or cutting hair.
                -- George Burns