Hi IIya,
Thanks for the reply. I know that your suggestion will work but how do I
construct the prepare statement in DBI
If I do something like
$dbh = DBI->connect ('dbi:ODBC:TotalBoards', 'user', 'password') or die
"could not CONNECT $!";
$dbh_aml = DBI->connect ('dbi:ODBC:AML', 'user', 'password') or die "could
not CONNECT $!";

$sth = $dbh->prepare(qq{SELECT TotalBoards.EMC_PN FROM TotalBoards,
AMLMaster WHERE TotalBoards.SYMPTOM_CODE LIKE ? AND TotalBoards.EMC_PN =
AMLMaster.AMLPN AND TotalBoards.REC_DATE BETWEEN ? AND ?}) or die "Couldn't
prepare statement: " . $dbh->errstr;

I get an error "invalid object name AMLMaster". This is I guess because $dbh
is the connection to TotalBoards and knows nothing about the AMLMaster
table. I have another $dhh_aml connecting to AMLMaster. My question is how
do you write a prepare statement as above that works. Can you get $dbh to
connect to both tables at the same time???
Willie

Willie McSweeney
Memory Component Engineer
EMC,