Thanks Curt, I think you may have hit the nail on the head.  I *do* have two
installations.  I guess until I can show otherwise, I guess this problem
isn't within the scope of this group anymore - but, for those with unlimited
patience - any suggestions or FAQs you can point me to on removing the old
installation with as little suffering as possible?

Thanks - sorry to have caused people to scratch their heads over what is
almost certainly not a DBI issue!

- Al

Al Spohn
Publishing and Media Technology Services
Mayo Clinic 507-284-1666