From: Bart Lateur
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05/16/2001 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: Initial Install Issue

On Wed, 16 May 2001 08:32:05 -0600, Sterin, Ilya wrote:

>Win32::OLE is win only module.

As "ADO" stands for "ActiveX Data Objects", I would say this counts for
ADO also.

I quote from the Perl DBI book (p.171):

  ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) is Microsoft's latest flavor of proprietary
  Win32-only data access API.
  If it helps, you can think of ADO as a layer of gloss over ODBC,
  though in fact it's built on Microsoft's OLE DB API.

I'd say it's a mistake even trying to install DBD::ADO on Linux.

--
        Bart.